EDR Dog Park (Continued)
Just a little update on the EDR dog park.
The dog park appears to be approximately an acre or s0 of flat, sandy ground with about a 10 foot chain-link fence all around the exterior. There is an “unleashing/leashing up area” at the entrance. A bench and an assortment of pooper scoopers and bags are located on the far fence. There is a goodly amount of space to throw balls and frisbees. Please be advised that there is NO separate small dog area. Extra caution should be maintained if you own a small dog. We were not aware of anyone monitoring the area while we were there.
(Note: The rules are clearly posted in English. It might not be a bad idea to have these rules posted in Spanish, as well, since 1.) we are in Mexico and, 2.) we do get Spanish-speaking visitors to EDR. It might also be helpful if the sign included a contact number.)
The rules read as follows:
- This off-leash facility is maintained by volunteers–please scoop the poop and take the bag with you!
- Use of this facility is at your and your pet’s own risk.
- Dogs must be current with their vaccinations.
- Aggressive dogs, females in heat or puppies under four months old are not allowed.
- Owners must be with their dogs within this area at all times and are responsible for them.
- Dogs should be leased when outside the enclosure.